Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Is it too late to move a passion flower (blue). I want to move it to a sunnier place.?

I agree to a point with inteldizzy, but unfortunately we do not live in a perfect World. The plant you have is the most commonly grown passiflora in UK (passiflora caerulea), blue passion flower. I moved one in June last year, it wilted a bit but soon picked up and flowered normally. About 2 days prior to lifting soak it, I mean soak, to make all the roots and upper parts turgid. Prepare your new hole and soak this until full and allow to soak away before planting, add some long lasting fertiliser such as bonemeal or rose food. Water well in and shade from sun, should we get any, for about a week. You will the find the transplant has been a success.

Is it too late to move a passion flower (blue). I want to move it to a sunnier place.?
When plants are moved the roots stop taking up water for a while, but the water still escapes from the plant through the leaves, so they wilt. If you are moving a plant into dense shade you can do it at almost any time, but if you want to move it to sun, then you would be better waiting.





I have a rule that I only move plants when there is an 'r' in the month - i.e. not from may to august.





I get impatient when I know things need doing, but have learnt to wait or probably lose the plant.
Reply:i should probally think so yh i moved ma lavender before and now its dead so wish ya luck


No comments:

Post a Comment