Thursday, April 30, 2009

What happened to my large mophead flowers on my Nikko Blue Hydrangea?

I have a few Nikko blue hydrangeas about 4 or 5 years old and every year I got beautiful large blooms. This year however, I have a lot of blue flowers, but they are very small, almost looking like the lacecap variety. Can anyone tell me what happened and what I can do to bring back my large blooms next year. Also, one of the bushes is dead on one side. There are just sticks (which I did break off) and no new growth at all.

What happened to my large mophead flowers on my Nikko Blue Hydrangea?
I bet you had a late frost which stunted the already formed blooms.


Dont prune after July.


The other half dead one will have new sprouts that come out of the grnd next spring - no worries.


No comments:

Post a Comment